1996 Import Issues

This forum is limited to questions about importing data (players, schedules, transactions, etc.) into DDBB.

Re: 1996 Import Issues

Postby DDBBAdmin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:24 pm

OK, so it appears that in 1996 a new person created the ATGMGR opening day and transaction files and did several things differently that are causing problems with the import.

The first thing they did is to not use team names, they just used cities. This means that DDBB gets confused when there are two teams from the same city. The fix for this was for me to do the following:

Using a find/replace in excel, I changed the team names in the ATMGR opening day roster and transaction files for cities that have two teams. Like this:

CHICAGO[L1D] was changed to CHICAGO-A
CHICAGO[L2D2] was changed to CHICAGO-N
NEW YORK[L1D1] was changed to NEW YORK-A
NEW YORK[L2D2] was changed to NEW YORK-N

I added the following mappings to the team mapping file:

CHICAGO-N=CHN
CHICAGO-A=CHA
NEW YORK-N=NYN
NEW YORK-A=NYA

The next thing that was that several players were added to these files for teams they were technically on be never played a single game for (this is actually a common problem, but it was particularly bad for 1996). DDBB does not have records for players on a team if they did not play any games for those teams. As a result, players for those transactions need to be deleted from the ATMGR files. Here is the list of players that I deleted from the ATMGR filoes for the 1996 season for teams they did not actually play for:

Opening Day Roster File
MEACHAM, RUSTY
YAN, ESTEBAN
FERMIN, FELIX
KNORR, RANDY

Transactions File
MEACHAM, RUSTY
YAN, ESTEBAN
FERMIN, FELIX
KNORR, RANDY (should be placed on opening day roster for HOU)
MONTELEONE, RICH (should be placed on opening day for CAL)

NOTE: I have already made all of these changes to the ATMGR files and to the team mapping file. So you can download them from http://www.digitaldiamondbaseball.com/support.php and use them.

The final issue is that trades were entered differently in the ATMGR transactions file. This caused several trades to be entered incorrectly in DDBB and even with the changes I made in the latest release I am not sure exactly how DDBB could have been able to determine the correct trade based on how they are listed in the transaction file. The following players have invalid trades:

Pat Borders
Jamie Moyer
Kevin Mitchell
Cecil Fielder
Chad Curtis
Pat Listach
Greg Olson
Charlie Hayes
David Clark
Garrett Stephenson

Again, I have made the changes to the ATMGR files and to the team mapping file. You can download them from http://www.digitaldiamondbaseball.com/support.php. Those should get you through the imports. However, you will still have to work out the trade problems during fast play for the payers I listed above and you should be all set.

Keep me posted. If you get stuck I can help! If you do get this to work and want to share the library with the community let me know
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby es2796 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Mark:

Wow, what a lot of work, thanks for all the valuable time you spent working through these monumental efforts. Yes, i will attempt to create the season, and if I am successful, will let you know so we can share with the group. 1996 was a good year.

Thanks again,
Ed
es2796

Postby DDBBAdmin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Thank you -- and keep me posted if you run into issues.

Cheers,
Mark
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby es2796 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi, Mark:

I'm trying to recreate 1996, but when I go to the downloads you posted, the System Team Map has been posted twice, once as the Systems team map and once as the System Players Map.

Thanks
Ed
es2796

Postby DDBBAdmin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Sorry about that. I fixed the link, it should work now!
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby es2796 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Mark:

Thanks
Ed
es2796

Previous

Return to Importing