Greetings! and a question on "Career Mode"

This forum is limited to questions about using DDBB's career mode feature.

Greetings! and a question on "Career Mode"

Postby JukeJointJimmy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Hello DDBB!,
I have been absent from the forum for a while, but not absent from my baseball sim hobby passion. I am very interested in playing sequential seasons in Career Mode. This will sound dumb of course to some, but where can I get detailed instructions on how to use the "Career Mode" option???
Also, I just completed the 1964 full season replay( as played lineups and such). It was fantastic, very real, with that alternate universe twinge. I didn't play the season in Career Mode, so I will leave those results as is. I will post the results over in the Season Replay section of the forum when I get the Chance.
I see that the 1965 season library has not been updated, so I might have to skip that year and start my career mode gaming in 1966. I might do the task of setting profiles for each team, and just starting the actual pitchers from Retro into each game. Don't know if I have the time to do that.

I've been tinkering with other games and stuff since last summer. Big waste of time--I will admit that. DDBB still stands as the best value and best company customer support to be found anywhere. I was tinkering with games that have cards( I do love using my baseball cards with the game card( back sided up against each other) inside a clear plastic card sleeve), and playing the "board game/dice FAC)--primarily in face to face play with a couple friends. That is the draw to those companies, but I do more solo projects obviously.

Ramble on! Big question: Career Mode instructions, and will it work collecting yearly stats for each player, year to year in succession, with as played lineups, or no?

Thanks again DDBB!
Doc S
JukeJointJimmy

Re: Greetings! and a question on "Career Mode"

Postby DDBBAdmin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the kind words about the game. I have posted a basic guide to career mode in the User Guide. You can find it here:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1444

I think it answers all of your questions. But if not, please replay back here!

Enjoy!
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby JukeJointJimmy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Ok Guys, Here's my next question about Career Mode-------I played the 1964 season( as played lineups etc). I have that season backed up and saved of course. I wanted to attempt to create my own personal statistical library of career compiled stats, year from year. Another game has an "Encyclopedia" function of this sort. So I want to play 1965 onward and have each player's yearly stats be displayed under "career stats" so i can look back at my universe and compare it to the actual universe.
Can I do this?? Will I be able to play the actual schedule of MLB from year to year?? OR---do I start a Career Mode library, play that season, and I will have to create schedules etc etc for the following year's games?? Maybe if I am into actual lineups etc, I can only just play that season, and the game engine cannot compile the stats for me?? Creating new schedules( even just forget about actual lineups--not that important) each year with fictional rookies and not actual ones, might be a lot of work.
So a "Career Mode" has a starting point( the season you start in), and from there everything becomes alternate universe? Year, players, and schedules?? That could be interesting, but probably more towards modern play and not historical.
A last question: I played 1964 NOT in career mode, and finished the season. If I change to "career Mode" Now, it will wipe out all stats, correct??

I am also working on a project in the greatest teams league--using the daft function. My Goal here is to create 24 teams( there are like 42 teams, but for the others I am drafting hardly used players to protect the talent pool for the 24. All teams are being drafted "human". I am then using SOM's baseball 365 "salaries" so as to force creation of 24 teams( that will form the league) within a 80 million dollar budget. I will then play a season with those created teams manually and see how that shakes out. Will be a LONG project, but I think it will work. After the draft, I will delete the teams that were drafted with meaningless players, and be left with the 24. Hopefully I will be able to change the teams names and ballparks. I am also trying to IMPORT individual players into that Library from historical teams that are not in the "Greatest teams league" Library. I will let you know how that works as well.

Thank you again for a GREAT and VERY versatile product!!!
All the Best!
JukeJointJimmy/ Doc S
JukeJointJimmy

Postby DDBBAdmin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:17 pm

I wanted to attempt to create my own personal statistical library of career compiled stats, year from year. Another game has an "Encyclopedia" function of this sort. So I want to play 1965 onward and have each player's yearly stats be displayed under "career stats" so i can look back at my universe and compare it to the actual universe.

Career libraries automatically do this. You can view a player's career stats on the reports page.

Will I be able to play the actual schedule of MLB from year to year??

No, the schedule from the first year is used for each following season. In addition, you can't use as-played lineups because players will retire and then the lineups are invalid.

So a "Career Mode" has a starting point( the season you start in), and from there everything becomes alternate universe? Year, players, and schedules?? That could be interesting, but probably more towards modern play and not historical.

Yes, the whole idea behind Career Mode in DDBB is that players change from replay to replay to reflect their age and their development. So, after the first year each replay is based on how the players develop, and this is determined by how you use the players and their age.

I played 1964 NOT in career mode, and finished the season. If I change to "career Mode" Now, it will wipe out all stats, correct??

When you switch to career mode by "restarting the season and aging", it will wipe out the season stats, but the career stats will be updated to include your first replay. The career stats will continue to be updated for each replay going forward.

I am also working on a project in the greatest teams league--using the daft function...

That sounds like a lot of fun!
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby JukeJointJimmy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Thank you Mark and DDBB for such a lightening quick fast reply to my questions! My questions basically answered in a matter of HOURS!!!!! Unheard of in this day and age!
If there is anything I could ever do for DDBB( besides promulgating it's usage, value, and recommendation to others--which I try to do in my limited way already), please don't ever hesitate to ask.

Best Wishes for DDBB success!!!!!!!
Yamma Gamma!!!
Albert "Doc" Schweitzer
Juke Joint Jimmy/ Woofa Goofa Mamma Toofa!
JukeJointJimmy

Return to Career Mode