Injury feature

Use this forum to discuss general topics related to Digital Diamond Baseball

Injury feature

Postby asdf1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 pm

I'm trying out a test game for a career mode. This happened in the 4th inning...
Hosmer settles into the box, two outs.

  here is a wicked slider...

  deep fly ball to left field...

  Smith floats back, now he is coming back in, and he makes the catch.

  Hosmer is out.

  Something is troubling Smith. I think he may have hurt his hand on that play.

  Smith is leaving the game and will be out for 4 games.

I have injuries set to "often", 2 players out max per team, and up to 15 games missed.

This feature is beautiful! I even had to replace him at the top of the 5th inning!

We now have 2 ways lineups are changed dynamically: with injuries and the substitution feature in the team profiles. Great additions to the game!

Here we go with requests. Can you set an option where you won't know how long the injury will last? Oh, and when the player comes back, let me know, in big letters or something, that's he's back so I won't miss his return.
asdf1

Re: Injury feature

Postby DDBBAdmin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm

Glad you are enjoying the injury feature! I don't think many folks have taken advantage of this.

I like both of your suggestions, I made a note of them for Version 7.
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Injury feature

Postby asdf1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:41 pm

asdf1 wrote:Here we go with requests. Can you set an option where you won't know how long the injury will last? Oh, and when the player comes back, let me know, in big letters or something, that's he's back so I won't miss his return.

On second thought, I change my mind on this suggestion. Doctors can give at least an approximate time of return for players, so this option isn't realistic to me.
asdf1

Return to General Game Discussion