Porting DDBB to New Computer

Use the forum to ask questions about how to play Digital Diamond Baseball

Porting DDBB to New Computer

Postby Mike Hais » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 pm

I recently obtained a new computer and would like to move the game from the old to the new machine. Both computers are operable, but I would prefer to play the game on the new computer. I assume I'm not the first person to be in this situation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mike Hais

Re: Porting DDBB to New Computer

Postby DDBBAdmin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 am

Hi Mike,

Not a problem. Probably the easiest method is to to the following:

• Copy the DigitalDiamondDataFilesV6 folder from the Documents folder on your old computer to a USB flash drive.
  • Plug the flash drive into your new computer and copy the DigitalDiamondDataFilesV6 folder from the USB flash drive to the Documents folder on your new computer.
  • Delete the ver6.txt file from from the DigitalDiamondDataFilesV6 folder on your new computer.
  • Download the latest version of the install program onto your new computer and install the game.
  • Run DDBB on your new computer and then enter your product key by following the steps in this video: http://www.digitaldiamondbaseball.com/V ... uctKey.php
  • Play ball!

I hope this helps. Have fun!
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby Mike Hais » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Thank you. I am sure that would work, but I can't seem to find my product key number. Is there any way that I can retrieve it or can you send it to me again, perhaps via email? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your help.
Mike Hais

Postby DDBBAdmin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 pm

No problem. I just sent you the key via email!
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Return to Support