Creating new libraries?????

Use the forum to ask questions about how to play Digital Diamond Baseball

Creating new libraries?????

Postby sfmac » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:05 am

Mark;
Please forgive my current state of confusion, but are we still able to create new player libraries using .csv files? The one where we create the Batting, Pitching and individual position Fielding files. I don't seem to be able to locate where we reference these files. I'm sure I'm overlooking something very simple but could use a kick in the rear :oops: .
Mac
"Statistics show that people who have the most birthdays live the longest".
sfmac

Re: Creating new libraries?????

Postby DDBBAdmin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Mac,

Yes, this still exists. You can do it on the Import/Edit Players page. Just select the Import/Edit button on that page and then pick import players from Baseball Reference.

The default format is designed to match exactly what Baseball Reference gives you. However, if you are importing CSV files that you are creating on your own, that don't match this exactly, you probably want to create your own format files. I can help you with this. Can you reply to this post with the format of your batting, pitching, and fielding files? When I say format, what I means is the order of the columns that you will have in the CSV files. For example, your batting format might look something like this:

FullName
G
AB
R
H
Doubles
Triples
HR
RBI
SB
CS
BB
SO
HBP
SH
SF
IBB
Pos

Your pitching format might look something like this:

FullName
W
L
G
GS
CG
SV
IP
H
R
ER
HR
BB
IBB
SO
HBP
WP

And your fielding format might look something like this:

FullName
Games
Chances
PO
Assists
Errors
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby sfmac » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Mark;
Thanks for responding. Here's my formats which are the ones I always used in the past (BattingFormat, PitchingFormat and FieldingFormat .txt files).

Batting Format:
FirstName
LastName
Bats
Team
G
AB
R
H
Doubles
Triples
HR
RBI
SB
CS
BB
SO
HBP
SH
SF
POS

Pitching Format:
FirstName
LastName
Throws
Team
W
L
G
GS
CG
SV
IP
H
R
ER
HR
BB
IBB
SO
HBP
WP

Fielding:
FirstName
LastName
Team
Games
Chances
PO
Assists
Errors

I can if necessary make changes such as combining first and last names.
I'm still working on putting these files together (entering data, etc) so will not be using them for at least a few days. Any help will be appreciated.
Mac

P.S. First I must humbly apologize. I should have looked deeper into the BR import menu. There in plain view is just what I was looking for - Version5 Format. All I need to know is do I need to combine the first and last name and the bats/throws data into one column.
sfmac

Postby DDBBAdmin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi Mac,

Your best bet is to create your own format. Create a new folder called MacsFormat in the DigitalDiamondDataFilesV7\Import folder. Then create three files in this folder:

BattingFormat.txt
PitchingFormat.txt
FieldingFormat.txt

In each of these files, paste the list of columns for batting, pitching, and fielding, just like you listed them in your post. You should not have to combine the name or bats/throws.

Then, when you do the import, select MacsFormat from the Format drop down and give it a go!

Keep me posted.
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby sfmac » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Mark;
Your recommended steps are easy enough to employ. When I utilize them I'll let you know how things go. Thanks.
Mac
sfmac

Return to Support