Frustrating Error Message

Use the forum to ask questions about how to play Digital Diamond Baseball

Frustrating Error Message

Postby metranil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:20 am

Already finding this game a bit harder to use than DMB and now I'm getting the same bug every time I try to play an exhibition game. Does not matter the library. Take the time to set the lineups and when I hit Play Ball, I get this:

C:\Users\Idiots\Documents\DigitalDiamondDataFilesV6\PlayByPlay\userPBP.properties (Access is denied)

Thanks for any help...!
metranil

Re: Frustrating Error Message

Postby DDBBAdmin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:41 am

I am sorry you are having trouble. I am happy to help.

It sounds like one of the files on your disk is either being used by another program or has special permissions on it. I can think of three possible solutions for this error:

• You may have more than one instance of the game running. The easiest way to ensure that this is not the case is to reboot your computer and then try running the game again.
  • Another possible cause is that you ran the installation program "as administrator". If this is the case then the program must be run "as administrator". You can test this by right-clicking on the game and selecting "Run as administrator".
  • The third thing to try is to manually delete the userPBP.properties. This won't hurt anything. You can find this file in your Documents\DigitalDiamondDataFilesV6\PlayByPlay folder.

If none of these things solve the problem, we can work together on some more advanced troubleshooting via email. Just email answers to the following questions to support@digitaldiamondbaseball.com and we will find a solution:

• What version of the game are you using?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • Was this working for you for a while and then it broke? Or is this the first time you have tried to play the game?
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby metranil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks!

All three fixes did not work.

I am going to put the game away for a bit and hope that future patches address my issue. I had played the game successfully in the past using my exact computer and settings. I really did not want the user play by play to be it because the default play by play is not very good.

Thanks again.
metranil

Postby DDBBAdmin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks for the update!

We do have a money back guarantee and I would be happy to refund you. In addition to the recent error, you don't seem to be enjoying the game much in general. Just email customer support and we will give you the refund.

Second, if yo can stomach it, can you run the game one more time, generate the error, and then email me the error.log file? This may provide a clue that will help us solve the problem in case someone else encounters it.

Thanks!
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby metranil » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Thank you, sir. Game if fine and a great value. I just learned on an automatic and now this is like learning a stick shift! Cheers!

Edit: I *think* I fixed it...unchecked run as administrator for .exe file and it seem to be OK now. I am still scarred by some past version of Windows where nothing ran without admin checked.

Sorry for frustration; thanks again for your kind patience!
metranil

Return to Support