Rngine problem

Use the forum to ask questions about how to play Digital Diamond Baseball

Rngine problem

Postby navyvet1994 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:23 am

Game keeps dropping on me around 4th inning. Only true change I have made is using Rock n Roll dice Do have initiate transactions lit up. Only on April 8, 1978 I keep getting problem communicating with Engine. any help???
navyvet1994

Re: Rngine problem

Postby navyvet1994 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:51 am

as a PS I did restart, happened again opened up error log and nothing posted. I have Version 6.07 and Windows 10 Hardware is Dell Alienware
navyvet1994

Postby DDBBAdmin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:28 pm

I am happy to help. Can you create a back up of your library and email the backup to support@digitaldiamondbaseball.com? You can create the backup on the Library Management Page. The backup file will be stored in your DigitalDiamondDataFiles backup folder. Just attach the backup file to an email and send it to me so I can troubleshoot it.

Also, I don't think the problem is related to Rock n Roll dice, but if it is not too much trouble can you uninstall it temporarily and see if the problem in DDBB goes away?

Thanks!
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Postby navyvet1994 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:45 pm

did that too, also sent a second backup as I restarted season and lo and behold it crashed again after first 4 innings. Is this a game engine issue? do I need to load 32 bit vice 64. If so help?
navyvet1994

Postby navyvet1994 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:23 am

I seem to have found a problem. It appears that Digital Diamond 6.07 does NOT like any dice roll other than it's own. I have tried 2 different dice programs and the game shuts down on both. I don't want to use the game roller as I fear that it will play TOO close to the season. I enjoy the Idea of randomness and surprise a good example would be Boston 1978. Rice hit 46 Homers and Eckersley won 20, With your rolls I fear that will be real close, If I roll there is the chance that Rice has a terrible year only hit maybe 25 or Eck becomes a 500 pitcher. That is the surprise element of doing it myself. BTW I am a Red Sox fan but if you play the game fairly anything can happen.
navyvet1994

Postby DDBBAdmin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up. The dice rolling algorithm used by Digital Diamond Baseball is entirely random. It works exactly the same as if you roll the dice by hand or with a computer generated dice roller. The dice rolls generated by the game are entirely independent of the game situation.

However, if you still want to roll the dice yourself, you can use real life dice. All you need is 3 10-sided dice, each one a different color. There is an option in the game that will cause Digital Diamond Baseball to prompt you to enter the dice rolls. This allows you to roll the three dice manually and then enter the roll you get directly into the game.

To set this option, click on “Edit Options" on the Main Menu page, then click on "In-Game Options”, then change the "Dice Roll Visibility” option to “Enter Dice Rolls Manually”.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Cheers,
DDBBAdmin
DDBBAdmin
Site Admin

Return to Support