Website now active for 1965 Mets - DDBB Season Replay

In this forum, users can replay games based on some theme and then post a recap of their replays. If you include a text-based boxscore, feel free to use the [boxscore] BBCode to format it. If you have a suggestion for a replay category, let us know and we will add it to this forum!

Website now active for 1965 Mets - DDBB Season Replay

Postby georgecf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:34 pm

After playing around with "emaze," it seemed there were too many limitations within it to do justice for the 1965 New York Mets - especially with Buttercup Graham at the helm.

So an actual website has been created for the team and the DDBB replay of the 1965 season.

It can be viewed at:

http://mets1965.x10host.com/index.html

My hope is to replay the entire season with DDBB, and to update the website on a regular basis, reflecting what is "going in" within the replay. So far, the DDBB Mets are 3-3, in comparison to the actual 2-4 they had after six games in 1965. A big difference is the trade of Al Jackson and Danny Napoleon to Milwaukee for Wade Blasingame and Denis Menke. After doing some research, I realize that, in 1965, the trade probably never would have occurred. In the context of what actually happened during each player's career, it did not seem as "extreme" as it does when looking at where each was in 1965.

Anyhow, if you would take a look at the site, any feedback would be appreciated. In the future, it will probably incorporate info from JB's XSV . . . as of now, it includes only what has been available with Version 6 of DDBB, which continues to become more-incredible with each subsequent version.

More "news from around the league" also needs to be added.

One thing of which you should be aware: for some reason, my computer keeps using the cache version of the site, and I sometimes have to reload four-five times before the newest version appears. It may only be my computer, but I have never had this issue (that I know of) with any other sites.

Feedback would be appreciated through posts here.

Thanks!
George

georgecf

Re: Website now active for 1965 Mets - DDBB Season Replay

Postby JukeJointJimmy » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am

George,
As a lifelong Met fan, I visited your website ( labor of love project) and am truly impressed with your passion and your created results! I am envious to say the least. Your creation is a dream of mine to maybe someday be able to do myself. I was only 6 years old in 65, but do remember Topps cards being "played with and bought at the local candy store in individual wax packs WITH GUM. The older kids in the neighborhood would always cross the highway( some of us were too young and not allowed( and we actually listened to our parents)) to buy the cards for us. Of course all the Met and Yankees were culled out, and us younger ones just had to buy the notion that our packs of cards were the ones we got.
Whats the deal with Buttercup Graham????????? Can I assume that He is you?(lol?) Its all VERY cool your imaginative creation!! Everything here is bringing back lots of memories of Rheingold Beer commercials, Harry M Stevens concessions, and those lousy ramps at old Shea( inside the park and at the subway lines). My first game ever attended was Sept. 19th, 1969 ( I was 10), and Bob Moose threw a no hitter at the Mets. I could not for the life of me understand why the opposing pitcher was getting a standing ovation as he approached the batters box late in the game. As a kid, I could not understand cheering for the opposing players--EVER. Little did I know!
Your motivation of trying to better the Mets team record is an angle I approach historical replays with often. I am replaying the 1986 season, but I manage every team the Mets face, and try to beat down my Metsies from 86.

Keep up your artistry. Takes a lot of love to create what you have done. It is something to be very proud of!!!

Doc S JJJ
JukeJointJimmy

Postby georgecf » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Doc,

Thanks for your comments . . . the website has not been updated recently . . . I have been hospitalized for five weeks for a stroke recovery, and was discharged several days ago . . . Plans are to resume the 1965 Mets season as soon as "conditions" allow . . .

Buttercup Graham is strictly a creation of imagination . . in approaching the 1965 replay, I thought that what actually took place had not worked for the Mets, so I imagined what would have happened if they had approached the season completely oppositely . . . and thus, Buttercup Graham came into existence . . .

I am glad the replay has brought back some memories for you (and, as you shared yours, they kindled thoughts from my youth and Shea Stadium) . . .

Hang in there . . . 1969 is just around the corner . . . LOL . . .

George
georgecf

Postby JukeJointJimmy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:36 pm

George,
Thanks for the reply. I was concerned when you didn't respond. I'm very happy for you and your loved ones that your stroke did not take you away. I hope things were not too bad, and that you can indeed rehab and gain better health back. Hoping to be a METS/DDBB buddy with you. Your site is very creative, and I LOVE your imagination!
Hope to see the website and your passion get updated soon! All the very best wishes for a smooth recovery. Life is precious!

your fellow baseball Bud,
Albert "Doc" Schweitzer aka....J J J!
JukeJointJimmy

Return to User Replays